- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Real war on women being waged by the left
There is a good deal of propaganda out there now, courtesy of the Democrats, to the effect that the Republicans are waging a war on women (“Obama tries to rally a jobless generation,” Web, Thursday). Let us consider the abortion issue and decide if this is believable.
In Luke 12:48, Jesus said, “From everyone who has been given much, much will be required.” God has given women the incredible opportunity and awesome responsibility to continue the human race by having children. He will hold each pregnant woman responsible for how she cared for the child in her womb.
Unfortunately, just as Adam and Eve were deceived, the U.S. Supreme Court deceived people into thinking that what is in a pregnant woman’s womb isn’t a child. The court’s Roe v. Wadedecision gave pregnant women the authority to end their pregnancies by abortion if they so desired.
On one hand, the pro-life Republican Party opposes abortion and tries to discourage women from having their unborn children murdered. On the other hand, the pro-abortion Democratic Party works to keep abortion legal and to fund abortion and Planned Parenthood with taxpayer money. Besides reducing the population, the Democrats’ abortion policies often result in medical and/or emotional harm to women. But the greatest harm is that abortion puts women’s souls in jeopardy, for without repentance and God’s forgiveness, they will have to explain to him at the Last Judgment why they had their innocent unborn children killed.
Decide for yourself which party is trying to help women and which is trying to harm them. And on Mother’s Day, please thank those women who have become mothers and taken on the often difficult task of raising children.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults