- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Miss America, Miranda Lambert: At Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The horses and roses weren’t the only famous attractions at the 138th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville.
Actors, musicians and even Miss America, Laura Kaeppeler, strutted down the red carpet leading into the historic racetrack on Saturday. The Run for the Roses usually draws those looking to be seen.
Country singer Miranda Lambert, former University of Kentucky basketball star Anthony Davis and Terry O'Quinn, noted for his role as “John Locke” on the television series “Lost,” also made the walk of the famous.
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and defensive linemen Chris Canty, Amobi Okoye and Connor Barwin arrived later in the day.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014