- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
World Briefs: Terrorist wanted in USS Cole attack killed
Troops kill suspected members of Boko Haram
KANO — Soldiers in the northern Nigerian city of Kano killed four suspected members of the Boko Haram Islamist sect in a raid on their hideout Sunday, an army spokesman said.
Troops from military special Joint Task Force had stormed the hideout in the Hotoro Kwari suburb of the city notorious for Boko Haram attacks, a day after gunmen fatally shot a resident in the area.
Residents said gunfire broke out in the neighborhood as attackers suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists engaged soldiers who had surrounded the area.
More than 300,000 register to vote in June
TRIPOLI — The chief of Libya’s election commission said Sunday that 330,000 people have so far registered so far to vote in June for the nation’s first constituent assembly.
Nuri al-Abbar said during a news conference in Tripoli that the number is a “positive indicator” that an increasing number of citizens will register to vote.
The election for the assembly is the first such poll in Libya after four decades of dictatorship under Moammar Gadhafi, who was ousted and killed in a revolt last year.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014