- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Economy Briefs: Safeway to stop buying pork from pregnancy-crate farms
Question of the Day
PLEASANTON, Calif. — The nation’s second-largest grocery chain says it will adopt purchasing policies that favor more humane treatment of pigs.
Safeway Inc. announced Monday that it’s planning to stop buying from suppliers that use pig gestation crates. Most pork currently comes from sows confined during their four-month pregnancies in narrow crates.
Animal welfare activists, including the Humane Society of the United States, have pushed for using open pens.
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad cancels Airbus A350 orders
PARIS — Airbus says fast-growing Abu Dhabi-based airline Etihad Airways has canceled another seven orders for its A350-1000 wide-body long-range jet.
Spokeswoman Aude Lebas said the April cancellation follows a similar decision in December not to go through with orders for six of the same jets. Etihad still has orders for 12 of the aircraft, a rival of Boeing’s 777, according to Airbus’ website.
Self-driving cars set for Silver State test
CARSON CITY — Nevada drivers could soon be sharing the road with vehicles that don’t need them.
Department of Motor Vehicles officials say they’ve issued Google Inc. the nation’s first license to test self-driving cars on public streets.
Nevada officials said Monday that demonstrations on the Las Vegas Strip and in Carson City helped show that the tech company was ready to move the autonomous autos into the next stage of development.
Self-driving vehicle technology works like auto-pilot to guide a car - in this case a modified Prius - with little or no intervention from a human operator.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Democrats cite pope in call for minimum wage hike, jobless benefits
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow