- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hollande victory means fiscal ruin
For those as perplexed by the “moderate” descriptor as I was, allow me to enlighten you. It was only after examining Mr. Hollande’s platform that it became clear. One of his planks is to tax those making more than $1.3 million at a 75 percent marginal rate. Were he not “moderate,” he’d actually want the entire 100 percent. Thank goodness for temperance.
Some are calling Mr. Hollande’s brand of socialism “free-market social democracy.” Free market? Interesting. In his victory address, Mr. Hollande stressed that more emphasis needs to be placed on economic stimulus, and that growth and unemployment will be given equal weight with balancing budgets. The problem is, I’m guessing, he sympathizes with that other “great free-market social-democracy” theorist, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat. To hear her tell it, nothing creates jobs like food stamps.
Who needs the Occupy movement when the Bastille has just been stormed and a 21st century Robespierre is ready with a new Reign of (Economic) Terror? God help the French.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report