- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Favorite daughter Streisand plans Brooklyn concert
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Superstar Barbra Streisand is coming home to Brooklyn.
The Oscar- and Grammy-winning diva was born and raised in Brooklyn but has never performed publicly there _ until now.
Brooklyn's new Barclays Center arena announced Wednesday that Streisand will give a concert there on Oct. 11.
Barclays Center is still under construction and will be home to the NBA's Nets. CEO Brett Yormark says Streisand's concert will be a defining moment for the arena.
Streisand spokesman Ken Sunshine said that performing near her old neighborhood will be very emotional and poignant for Streisand.
Streisand is one of the world's best-selling recording artists and is one of the few entertainers who have won an Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony Award. She rarely performs in public.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq