- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Hollywood studios, guilds, agencies align for vets
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Hollywood's most powerful elite are coming together to help American veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Universal Studios chief Ron Meyer announced Wednesday that movie studios, TV networks, talent agencies and the entertainment unions have aligned with nonprofit groups to create "Got Your 6," a multipronged effort to support military veterans and their families.
Through scripted story lines, celebrity public service announcements and employment and education outreach, Got Your 6 aims to ease veterans' reintegration back to civilian life by encouraging Americans to recognize them as valuable community leaders.
"Got your six" is military lingo that means "I've got your back and I know you've got mine."
Tom Hanks, Alec Baldwin, Sarah Jessica Parker and Michael Douglas are among the faces of the campaign.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow