- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
AP source: Redmond hired as Marlins manager
Question of the Day
MIAMI (AP) - A person familiar with the Miami Marlins’ managerial search says former major league catcher Mike Redmond has been hired to replace Ozzie Guillen, who was fired last week.
The person confirmed the hiring to The Associated Press on Thursday and spoke on condition of anonymity because the Marlins hadn’t made an announcement.
Redmond spent the past two years managing Class A teams in the Toronto Blue Jays’ system. He had not previously interviewed for a big league job.
A .287 hitter over 13 seasons, Redmond played seven years for the Marlins and helped them win the World Series in 2003. Because of his ties to owner Jeffrey Loria and president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest, he was considered the front-runner for the job.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener