- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
Evander Holyfield sues to stop memorabilia auction
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Evander Holyfield is asking a federal judge to stop an upcoming auction of some of his boxing memorabilia, including an Olympic bronze medal and gloves he wore to fight Mike Tyson.
Holyfield’s lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles seeks an order blocking the sale of 20 out of almost 450 items that Julien’s Auctions plans to sell in November.
Julien’s Auctions CEO Darren Julien says his company has worked for months to organize a world-class auction of Holyfield’s memorabilia and other items. He says the company had approval from Holyfield to list the items for sale and has already advanced him hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Holyfield wants a judge to block the sale of the disputed items, including the gloves he used in a 1996 bout with Tyson.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014