- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Tsonga and Tipsarevic secure spots for ATP Finals
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Serbia’s Janko Tipsarevic secured the last two places for the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals after reaching the quarterfinals of the Paris Masters on Thursday.
They needed to win their third-round matches at the Bercy indoor arena in Paris, regardless of other results. Tsonga beat Nicolas Almagro of Spain, 7-6 (4), 7-6 (3) and Tipsarevic defeated Juan Monaco of Argentina 6-3, 3-6, 6-3.
They will join Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Tomas Berdych and Juan Martin del Potro at The O2 arena in London next week.
“It’s really important for me to have qualified. With the big four at the moment, it’s not easy to get rewards in tennis,” Tsonga said. “I have some great memories from last year where I played the final against Roger. It was huge for me, one of the big moments of my career.”
“The World Tour Finals last year was one of my best experiences ever on the tennis court,” Tipsarevic said. “I’m excited to be back there.”
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq