- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Tsonga and Tipsarevic secure spots for ATP Finals
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Serbia’s Janko Tipsarevic secured the last two places for the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals after reaching the quarterfinals of the Paris Masters on Thursday.
They needed to win their third-round matches at the Bercy indoor arena in Paris, regardless of other results. Tsonga beat Nicolas Almagro of Spain, 7-6 (4), 7-6 (3) and Tipsarevic defeated Juan Monaco of Argentina 6-3, 3-6, 6-3.
They will join Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Tomas Berdych and Juan Martin del Potro at The O2 arena in London next week.
“It’s really important for me to have qualified. With the big four at the moment, it’s not easy to get rewards in tennis,” Tsonga said. “I have some great memories from last year where I played the final against Roger. It was huge for me, one of the big moments of my career.”
“The World Tour Finals last year was one of my best experiences ever on the tennis court,” Tipsarevic said. “I’m excited to be back there.”
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq