- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Georgetown-Florida called at halftime because of wet court
Question of the Day
Event organizers said they want to do it again next year.
The pomp and circumstance surrounding the game, as well as players and coaches interacting with military members, seemed like a good idea to everyone.
All 3,800 seats were filled, even at $1,000 a ticket, and there were hundreds more standing in open areas around the court. Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus conducted a re-enlistment ceremony at halftime. There were fireworks off the back of the 388-foot amphibious assault ship. And several professional athletes were on hand, including Olympic gold medalist swimmer Conor Dwyer and Jacksonville Jaguars players Paul Posluszny and Laurent Robinson.
“I think it’s good,” Boynton said. “I think it’s nice we get to be around the troops. We definitely look up to these guys. I definitely would do it all over again. I had a good two days here.”
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors