- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Out of hospital, Beljan keeps lead at Disney
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. (AP) - Charlie Beljan went against a doctor’s recommendation that he not play golf, and he’s glad he did.
One day after Beljan endured a panic attack that caused a spike in blood pressure and made him fear for his life, he managed just fine Saturday in the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic. He had a 1-under 71 that gave him a two-shot lead going into the final round at Disney and a chance to do more than just keep his card. The 28-year-old rookie now is one round from winning.
Beljan slept for about only an hour overnight. Despite a pair of early bogeys, he bounced back with three birdies and finished at 13-under 203. He was two shots ahead of Brian Gay, Josh Teater and Charlie Wi.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again