- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Briefly: Mexican police officers charged in attack on CIA agents
Question of the Day
Authorities say they arrested suspected drug lord Marco Antonio Rocca Ali and 18 other people, including Paraguayans, Brazilians and Bolivians.
Government turns to court to order Ghana to release ship
The ARA Libertad training ship was seized Oct. 2 in the port of Tema as collateral for unpaid bonds dating from Argentina’s economic crisis a decade ago.
It also asked the African country to immediately restore power and water services to the vessel.
Ghanaian port authorities shut off the water and electricity to the ship last week, when Argentina refused to let it be moved to a less-busy part of the port. Argentina’s sailors pulled out rifles to prevent Ghanaian officials from boarding the vessel to move it.
Third person dies after powerful blast
SHERBROOKE, Quebec — A third person has died from injuries related to a powerful explosion and fire at a manufacturing plant outside Montreal earlier this week.
A worker who had be in an inducted coma with burns over 90 percent of his body died Saturday evening, Sylvie Robitaille, a spokeswoman for a Montreal hospital said Sunday.
The bodies of two other people were found in the ruins of the plant in Sherbrooke, Quebec, after the explosion Thursday.
The blast could be heard for miles, and 18 others were hospitalized.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow