- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
McIlroy, Woods head PGA Tour ballot
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods were among five players nominated Monday for the PGA Tour player of the year. Players have until the end of the month to vote on the awards.
McIlroy is the clear favorite after leading the tour with four wins, including an eight-shot victory at the PGA Championship. He also won the Vardon Trophy and the money title. Woods won three times. Also on the ballot are FedEx Cup champion Brandt Snedeker, Masters champion Bubba Watson and Jason Dufner.
The five candidates for rookie of the year are John Huh, Jonas Blixt, Charlie Beljan, Ted Potter Jr. and Bud Cauley, the only rookie not to win this year. Huh is favored as the only rookie who qualified for the Tour Championship.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014