- ‘X-Men’ director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a boy
- Tennessee ammunition site explodes, killing 1
- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
Leukemia survivor Lyle hopeful of PGA Tour return
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (AP) - Australian golfer Jarrod Lyle says he has some hopes of returning to the PGA Tour in 2014 if he continues his current recovery from a second battle with leukemia.
The 31-year-old Lyle, who was first diagnosed with the disease at age 17, learned it had returned shortly after the recent birth of his first child, a daughter. He has since undergone chemotherapy, received a transplant of donor blood from umbilical cords and is making a strong recovery.
He told reporters Tuesday “I do want to get back to golf at some stage but I guess if I never hit another shot I’ll be happy. As long as I’ve got my health and as long as I’ve got my family, I’m a happy boy.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.