- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
College football preview: Virginia vs. North Carolina
NORTH CAROLINA (6-4, 3-3 ACC) at VIRGINIA (4-6, 2-4)
When: 7:30 p.m.
Where: Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, Va.
TV/radio: ESPN, 570 AM
Outlook: North Carolina leads series 58-54-4 and has defeated the Cavaliers in back-to-back years for the first time since 1974-82. The Cavaliers have won back-to-back games to resuscitate hope for a bowl bid. They’ve done well against the Tar Heels at home for decades; their 2010 loss to North Carolina was their first at Scott Stadium since 1981. Senior linebacker Steve Greer ranks second in the ACC with 9.5 tackles per game. North Carolina tailback Giovani Bernard ranks third in the country in all-purpose yards and eighth in rushing, and he has scored 17 touchdowns despite missing two games in September.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.