- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
College football preview: Virginia vs. North Carolina
NORTH CAROLINA (6-4, 3-3 ACC) at VIRGINIA (4-6, 2-4)
When: 7:30 p.m.
Where: Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, Va.
TV/radio: ESPN, 570 AM
Outlook: North Carolina leads series 58-54-4 and has defeated the Cavaliers in back-to-back years for the first time since 1974-82. The Cavaliers have won back-to-back games to resuscitate hope for a bowl bid. They’ve done well against the Tar Heels at home for decades; their 2010 loss to North Carolina was their first at Scott Stadium since 1981. Senior linebacker Steve Greer ranks second in the ACC with 9.5 tackles per game. North Carolina tailback Giovani Bernard ranks third in the country in all-purpose yards and eighth in rushing, and he has scored 17 touchdowns despite missing two games in September.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow