- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Cops: Bon Jovi daughter ODs on heroin, is charged
CLINTON, N.Y. (AP) - Jon Bon Jovi’s 19-year-old daughter was hospitalized and facing drug charges Wednesday after overdosing on heroin in a dorm at her college in upstate New York, authorities said.
Stephanie Bongiovi was found unresponsive by an ambulance crew sent to Hamilton College early Wednesday after a report that a female had apparently overdosed in Dunham Hall, the school’s largest dorm.
Town of Kirkland police investigator Peter Cania said Bongiovi, of Red Bank, N.J., was recovering at a hospital he declined to name.
Officers sent to the dorm initially found a small amount of heroin and arrested Ian Grant, 21, also of Red Bank and a Hamilton student, according to police reports.
Investigators got a search warrant for the dorm and found heroin, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, leading to Bongiovi’s arrest. Cania would not say whether the search involved her room.
Bongiovi and Grant were each charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. Bongiovi was also charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
Both were issued tickets and ordered to appear in court at a later date.
Bon Jovi, 50, is scheduled to perform at a concert to benefit Hamilton’s scholarships and arts programs in Times Square on Dec. 5.
He has four children, Stephanie and three sons.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.