- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Croatia opens health fraud probe against 76 people
Question of the Day
ZAGREB, CROATIA (AP) - Investigators in Croatia have formally opened a probe against 76 people _ including doctors and the management of a local pharmaceutical company _ as part of an anti-corruption sweep.
The Balkan nation is required to fight corruption before it joins the European Union next year as the bloc's 28th state.
The anti-graft police said Wednesday that nine people will be kept in detention during the investigation into allegations that the local pharmaceutical firm Farmal had bribed doctors into using its products.
Police say Farmal gave money and gifts or organized trips for the doctors over the past three years in return for them prescribing its medicines. The group being investigated includes 49 doctors, a pharmacist and 26 pharmaceutical company employees.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors