- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
GOP senators vow to block Rice nomination at State
WASHINGTON — The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee says he would do all he could to block the nomination of Susan Rice to be secretary of State.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Wednesday criticized the current U.N. ambassador over comments she made after the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Five days after the attack, Rice said the attack was the result of an angry response to an anti-Muslim video.
Administration officials have indicated that President Barack Obama is considering Rice as a replacement for Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference that he doesn't trust Rice.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.