- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Taking Names: Jon Bon Jovi’s daughter ODs, faces drug charges
Jon Bon Jovi’s 19-year-old daughter was hospitalized and facing drug charges Wednesday after overdosing on heroin in a dorm at her college in upstate New York, authorities said.
Stephanie Bongiovi was found unresponsive by an ambulance crew sent to Hamilton College early Wednesday after a report that a female had apparently overdosed in the school’s largest dorm, The Associated Press reports.
Town of Kirkland police investigator Peter Cania said Ms. Bongiovi, of Red Bank, N.J., was recovering at a hospital he declined to name.
Officers sent to the dorm initially found a small amount of heroin and arrested Ian Grant, 21, also of Red Bank and a Hamilton student, according to police reports.
Investigators got a search warrant for the dorm and found heroin, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, leading to Ms. Bongiovi’s arrest. Mr. Cania would not say whether the search involved her room.
Ms. Bongiovi and Mr. Grant were each charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. Ms. Bongiovi was also charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
Both were issued tickets and ordered to appear in court at a later date.
Mr. Bon Jovi, 50, is scheduled to perform at a concert to benefit Hamilton’s scholarships and arts programs in Times Square on Dec. 5.
He has four children, Stephanie and three sons.
PSY joins Madonna during Madison Square Garden show
Madonna has gone “Gangnam Style.”
Korean pop star PSY joined the pop icon Tuesday night during her second show this week at New York’s Madison Square Garden. They danced to his pop-culture anthem “Gangnam Style” and to her jam “Music” in front of nearly 20,000 concertgoers.
Madonna said PSY flew “all the way from Frankfurt, Germany, this morning.” She also said she was a big fan of the rapper and loved his suit, which was bright red.
He added that he’s had a lot of experiences in the last few months, and that performing at Madison Square Garden with Madonna topped his list.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.