- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
`30 Rock’ heroine Liz Lemon to wed this month
NEW YORK (AP) - Liz Lemon is getting married and you’re invited.
Fans of “30 Rock” might have reasonably assumed that Lemon, the harried TV producer played by Tina Fey, would ride out the series’ seventh and final season as a perennial bachelorette unlucky in love. But Fey, who is also the creator and producer of the NBC comedy, clearly thought otherwise.
In the “30 Rock” episode airing Nov. 29, Lemon will wed.
Who’s the lucky guy? He’s Liz’s latest fella, Criss Chross (played by guest star James Marsden), a Peter Pan-ish would-be entrepreneur who hatches ventures such as an organic gourmet hot-dog truck.
On Thursday, NBC made the grand announcement that Ms. Elizabeth Miervaldis Lemon, 42, would be presenting herself to be married to Mr. Crisstopher Rick Chross _ “But not in a creepy way that perpetuates the idea that brides are virgins and women are property.”
The invitation also specifies that guests (i.e., you viewers) should plan to “bring your own snacks.”
No preview of the episode has been made available.
The series, which airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST, will conclude early next year.
“30 Rock” is the saga of Lemon, the overextended producer of a fictitious comedy show loosely inspired by “Saturday Night Live” (where Fey toiled for nine seasons as cast member and writer). Liz is surrounded by kookie comrades like company boss Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) and Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan), her boisterously unhinged star.
A recurring theme of “30 Rock” has been Lemon’s comicaly flawed love life. Short-lived boyfriends have included quirky airline pilot Carol Burnett (played by Matt Damon), immature businessman Dennis Duffy (Dean Winters) and dimwitted pediatrician Dr. Drew Baird (Jon Hamm).
But clearly there was something special about Criss, who first arrived on the scene last season.
Even before meeting him, Donaghy was disapproving: “Lemon, I have said `Good God’ to you before,” he huffed, “but I don’t think I’ve ever MEANT it until now: Good God!!!”
But Criss is different, Liz insisted: “I’m more relaxed around him. My jaws stopped popping. And for once I’m not overthinking everything.”
Jack wasn’t convinced. He noted that Criss is a puppy-dog-eager dork who carries a Sunglass Hut credit card and owns a ukulele plastered with an Obama sticker.
Is this a match made in heaven? The wedding invitation says, “Whatever. It’s no big whoop.” But the episode is sure to be a very big whoop.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again