- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: GOP should take Obama’s dare
Earlier this week, in one of his rare news conferences, President Obama dared Republicans to “go after” him rather than his underlings, such as United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice, regarding the Benghazi terrorist attack in which four Americans were murdered (“Obama angrily rebukes GOP senators over Rice,” Web, Wednesday).
I find it ironic that the president, who earlier this month campaigned to the masses to vote for him out of “revenge,” is now baiting his own hook for a messy hearing. Given the overwhelming evidence against him and his administration, this has the potential to bury him.
During the last decade, the Democrats knowingly and viciously attacked the George W. Bush administration (during wartime, no less) with two bogus scandals: “Bush lied” and “Leakgate.” Although no one wants to talk about it anymore, the truth is it was nothing more than a purely fabricated smear campaign concocted by the Democratic Party and the liberal media designed to bring down a Republican presidency.
In stark contrast, should the GOP do its duty and hold the president accountable for not protecting four American lives and for politicizing the Benghazi attack and subsequent cover-up to serve his re-election campaign, they don’t need the Obama-inspired “revenge” factor as their motivation. They simply have the truth and their sworn oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.”
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert