- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Levine, Bieber lead People’s Choice nominees
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (AP) - Adam Levine spans music and television with his leading six nominations for the People’s Choice Awards.
The Maroon 5 frontman and star of TV’s “The Voice” is up for favorite band, song, album and music video, along with favorite celebrity judge and favorite competition TV show.
Nominations were announced Thursday at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Justin Bieber has five nods, followed by the newly crowned “Sexiest Man Alive” Channing Tatum with four. “Glee” was the most-nominated TV show with five, and “The Avengers” leads movie nominees with eight.
Fans chose the nominees by voting online and can do the same to select the winners. Voting in 48 categories continues through Dec. 13.
The People’s Choice Awards will be presented Jan. 9, 2013, and broadcast on CBS.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.