- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Redskins vs. Eagles: 5 Questions
Sunday, 1 p.m. ; TV: Fox; Radio: 980 AM, 92.7 FM, 94.3 FM
Question of the Day
1. How will Washington’s defense affect Philadelphia rookie quarterback Nick Foles? The Redskins frequently try to disguise coverages, and that could confuse a rookie who isn’t familiar with reading NFL defenses. Washington, however, has lost eight straight games to opponents that started a rookie quarterback.
2. Can the Redskins generate a pass rush? Philadelphia’s injury-riddled offensive line seems to be an ideal matchup for a defense that is dying to harass the quarterback. The Eagles are missing injured first-string center Jason Kelce and right tackle Todd Herremans. They rank 26th in the NFL in sacks per pass attempt.
3. Will the offense regain its edge? The Redskins would benefit from receiver Pierre Garcon’s return from a sprained right foot, but he might not play. They have missed his big-play ability in the passing game and physicality as a blocker.
4. Can the Redskins get back to forcing turnovers? After intercepting a pass in each of their first seven games, they haven’t forced a turnover in either of the last two, both of which were losses. Philadelphia’s 21 turnovers are second-most in the NFL.
5. Will the bye week have a positive impact? Coaches spent last week examining personnel deficiencies. One-on-one meetings between coaches and some players followed. We’ll see if that helps alleviate technique breakdowns and penalties.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors