- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
NATE SILVER ON HIS HOLLYWOOD FUTURE AND `MONEYBALL’-ING BOX OFFICE
The FiveThirtyEight blogger tells THR he’s been approached by agents and producers, has already been done work for a studio and isn’t sure he wants to write a book about the election: “I prefer to go broader.”
The hairstylists, makeup artists and stars behind the big business of getting gorgeous in Hollywood.
BILLION-DOLLAR BOND BREAKDOWN: WHO‘S MAKING WHAT FROM `SKYFALL’
MGM, the Broccoli family and Sony each have fingers in the pie as the extraordinary worldwide grosses come just in time for a flashy IPO.
OBAMA, HOLLYWOOD ORGANIZERS REVEAL SECRET STRATEGY THAT TIPPED ELECTION
Stars, it turns out, don’t turn off voters as the campaign comes clean about its clandestine celebrity strategy.
THR’S WRITER ROUNDTABLE: OSAMA BIN LADEN, WHY `SCHINDLER’S LIST’ IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND WHEN JUDD APATOW WAS A DISHWASHER
Six talented screenwriters spill secrets of their hot movies and reveal whether the CIA gave notes to Kathryn Bigelow.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- N. Korean news agency: Kim Jong Un's uncle executed
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- White House improvises again on patchy Obamacare rollout
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Chef Mary Moran discusses the food we eat, where it comes from and what it does for us.
An informed and often humorous take on the world of advertising, public relations and social media. 100% Pure. Not from concentrate.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow