- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
NATE SILVER ON HIS HOLLYWOOD FUTURE AND `MONEYBALL’-ING BOX OFFICE
The FiveThirtyEight blogger tells THR he’s been approached by agents and producers, has already been done work for a studio and isn’t sure he wants to write a book about the election: “I prefer to go broader.”
The hairstylists, makeup artists and stars behind the big business of getting gorgeous in Hollywood.
BILLION-DOLLAR BOND BREAKDOWN: WHO‘S MAKING WHAT FROM `SKYFALL’
MGM, the Broccoli family and Sony each have fingers in the pie as the extraordinary worldwide grosses come just in time for a flashy IPO.
OBAMA, HOLLYWOOD ORGANIZERS REVEAL SECRET STRATEGY THAT TIPPED ELECTION
Stars, it turns out, don’t turn off voters as the campaign comes clean about its clandestine celebrity strategy.
THR’S WRITER ROUNDTABLE: OSAMA BIN LADEN, WHY `SCHINDLER’S LIST’ IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND WHEN JUDD APATOW WAS A DISHWASHER
Six talented screenwriters spill secrets of their hot movies and reveal whether the CIA gave notes to Kathryn Bigelow.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow