- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
New Zealand’s Michael Hendry was second after a 69. Australian star Adam Scott was 7 under after a 70, and defending champion Ian Poulter of England was five strokes behind after a 72.
SOUTH AFRICAN OPEN
JOHANNESBURG (AP) _ Sweden’s Henrik Stenson opened a four-shot lead in South African Open with a 7-under 65 before second-round play was suspended because of an electrical storm.
Stenson was 13 under at the Serengeti Golf and Wildlife Estate. Swedish compatriot Magnus Carlsson and South Africa’s Merrick Bremner were tied for second. Carlsson had a 67, and Bremner had four holes left.
The tournament is sanctioned by the Sunshine and European tours.
PEBBLE BEACH INVITATIONAL
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (AP) _ Russ Cochran shot a 7-under 65 at Del Monte for a share of the Pebble Beach Invitational lead with fellow Champions Tour player Kirk Triplett.
Triplett had a 69 at Del Monte to match Cochran at 9-under 135 in the tournament that features 81 players from the PGA, LPGA, Champions and Web.com tours.
John Mallinger, the 2010 winner, was a stroke back after a 69 at Spyglass Hill. Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam was 5 under after a 69 at Spyglass.
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq