- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Vettel posts fastest lap in 2nd practice
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest laps in the first two practice sessions at the U.S. Grand Prix, with a top time of 1 minute, 37.718 seconds on the new Circuit of the Americas track.
Friday’s practice runs were the first time any of the teams had driven on the $400 million track, built specifically for Formula One.
Vettel leads Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso by 10 points with two races left on the schedule and on Sunday will try to become just the third driver to win three world championships in a row.
Red Bull Racing Team Principal Christian Horner said the course was very close to what the drivers practiced on their simulators and it didn’t produce any surprises the first time around.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014