- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Yulee RB Henry breaks national HS rushing record
YULEE, FLA. (AP) - Derrick Henry has broken one of the most coveted and long-standing records in the history of high school football.
Henry broke Ken Hall’s career rushing record Friday night. Hall ran for 11,232 yards in four years (1950-53) at Sugar Land (Texas). The record had long been considered an unbreakable mark.
But Henry, a star at Yulee (Fla.) High who has verbally committed to play for Alabama next fall, had been steadily closing in on it all season.
He topped Hall’s record on a 52-yard touchdown run against Taylor County in a Class 4A state playoff game.
The 6-foot-3, 240-pound back has rushed for at least 100 yards in every game of his high school career. He already owns the national record with 45 consecutive games of at least 100 yards.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again