- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Yulee RB Henry breaks national HS rushing record
YULEE, FLA. (AP) - Derrick Henry has broken one of the most coveted and long-standing records in the history of high school football.
Henry broke Ken Hall’s career rushing record Friday night. Hall ran for 11,232 yards in four years (1950-53) at Sugar Land (Texas). The record had long been considered an unbreakable mark.
But Henry, a star at Yulee (Fla.) High who has verbally committed to play for Alabama next fall, had been steadily closing in on it all season.
He topped Hall’s record on a 52-yard touchdown run against Taylor County in a Class 4A state playoff game.
The 6-foot-3, 240-pound back has rushed for at least 100 yards in every game of his high school career. He already owns the national record with 45 consecutive games of at least 100 yards.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.