- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
RPM re-signs Ambrose, Almirola for 2013 season
Question of the Day
“We have shuffled our Cup team lineups a few times this season to maximize our results,” RPM director of competition Sammy Johns said. “We feel that the chemistry that we are developing now with both teams is very strong. We have seen marked improvement over the past few weeks. … We feel confident that both teams are capable of competing for wins and making the Chase next season.”
Both drivers changed crew chiefs twice this season while searching for the right combination.
Ambrose started the year with Parrott, then had former Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Mike Ford before being paired with Blickensderfer, Jeff Burton’s former crew chief, a couple of weeks ago. Ambrose is 18th in the Sprint Cup standings, with three top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
“It’s good to come back to Richard Petty Motorsports and focus on our future together,” Ambrose said. “We had success this year and recently have made plans to get better for 2013 and beyond. … I can’t think of a better place to be and am ready to win.”
Almirola started the year with Greg Erwin and then worked with Ford before switching to Parrott with 10 races left in the season. He has seven top-20 finishes in his last nine races after only 13 in his first 26.
“We went through some changes this season, but since being paired with Todd and this crew, I’ve had the most fun I’ve had in a Cup car,” Almirola said. “I think we have a lot of things clicking right now and have a lot of momentum heading into 2013. Everyone at RPM seems to have good chemistry right now and that’s a good feeling as we all prepare for 2013.”
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq