- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
RPM re-signs Ambrose, Almirola for 2013 season
Question of the Day
“We have shuffled our Cup team lineups a few times this season to maximize our results,” RPM director of competition Sammy Johns said. “We feel that the chemistry that we are developing now with both teams is very strong. We have seen marked improvement over the past few weeks. … We feel confident that both teams are capable of competing for wins and making the Chase next season.”
Both drivers changed crew chiefs twice this season while searching for the right combination.
Ambrose started the year with Parrott, then had former Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Mike Ford before being paired with Blickensderfer, Jeff Burton’s former crew chief, a couple of weeks ago. Ambrose is 18th in the Sprint Cup standings, with three top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
“It’s good to come back to Richard Petty Motorsports and focus on our future together,” Ambrose said. “We had success this year and recently have made plans to get better for 2013 and beyond. … I can’t think of a better place to be and am ready to win.”
Almirola started the year with Greg Erwin and then worked with Ford before switching to Parrott with 10 races left in the season. He has seven top-20 finishes in his last nine races after only 13 in his first 26.
“We went through some changes this season, but since being paired with Todd and this crew, I’ve had the most fun I’ve had in a Cup car,” Almirola said. “I think we have a lot of things clicking right now and have a lot of momentum heading into 2013. Everyone at RPM seems to have good chemistry right now and that’s a good feeling as we all prepare for 2013.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Perhaps we're not as free as we think
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq