- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
RPM re-signs Ambrose, Almirola for 2013 season
“We have shuffled our Cup team lineups a few times this season to maximize our results,” RPM director of competition Sammy Johns said. “We feel that the chemistry that we are developing now with both teams is very strong. We have seen marked improvement over the past few weeks. … We feel confident that both teams are capable of competing for wins and making the Chase next season.”
Both drivers changed crew chiefs twice this season while searching for the right combination.
Ambrose started the year with Parrott, then had former Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Mike Ford before being paired with Blickensderfer, Jeff Burton’s former crew chief, a couple of weeks ago. Ambrose is 18th in the Sprint Cup standings, with three top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
“It’s good to come back to Richard Petty Motorsports and focus on our future together,” Ambrose said. “We had success this year and recently have made plans to get better for 2013 and beyond. … I can’t think of a better place to be and am ready to win.”
Almirola started the year with Greg Erwin and then worked with Ford before switching to Parrott with 10 races left in the season. He has seven top-20 finishes in his last nine races after only 13 in his first 26.
“We went through some changes this season, but since being paired with Todd and this crew, I’ve had the most fun I’ve had in a Cup car,” Almirola said. “I think we have a lot of things clicking right now and have a lot of momentum heading into 2013. Everyone at RPM seems to have good chemistry right now and that’s a good feeling as we all prepare for 2013.”
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.