- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Sebastian Vettel again fastest in practice laps
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel again posted the fastest lap in practice at the U.S. Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas.
Vettel’s time of 1 minute, 36.490 seconds came in Saturday morning’s final practice run before qualifying in the afternoon. McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, who won pole position two weeks ago in Abu Dhabi, was second at 1:36.748.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, who trails Vettel by 10 points in the drivers’ championship, was fourth in Saturday’s practice.
Vettel posted the fastest times in each practice session on the new $400 million track built for the first U.S. Grand Prix since 2007.
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq