- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Seth ‘Mayhem’ Mitchell upset by Jonathan Banks in 2nd round
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — In the co-feature Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J., Detroit heavyweight Jonathan Banks (29-1-1, 19 KOs) stopped Brandywine, Md., native Seth ‘Mayhem’ Mitchell (25-1-1, 19 KOs) in the second round. Banks dropped the former Michigan State linebacker three times in the second, prompting referee Eddie Cotton to stop the fight at 2:38.
“I could’ve gotten through the round, but the ref did what he had to do,” Mitchell said, according to the The Press of Atlantic City. “I feel OK, he just caught me with a good shot. “I’m really upset, but this won’t spoil my dreams. It will set me back a little, but don’t feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for my next opponent.”
Information from the Associated Press was also used in this report.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Russia should be booted from FIFA World Cup, senators say
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again