- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Seth ‘Mayhem’ Mitchell upset by Jonathan Banks in 2nd round
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — In the co-feature Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J., Detroit heavyweight Jonathan Banks (29-1-1, 19 KOs) stopped Brandywine, Md., native Seth ‘Mayhem’ Mitchell (25-1-1, 19 KOs) in the second round. Banks dropped the former Michigan State linebacker three times in the second, prompting referee Eddie Cotton to stop the fight at 2:38.
“I could’ve gotten through the round, but the ref did what he had to do,” Mitchell said, according to the The Press of Atlantic City. “I feel OK, he just caught me with a good shot. “I’m really upset, but this won’t spoil my dreams. It will set me back a little, but don’t feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for my next opponent.”
Information from the Associated Press was also used in this report.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.