- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taking Names: Sarah Jessica Parker to co-host Nobel concert
The actors will be the hosts of the 19th annual event, to be held Dec. 11 in Oslo, The Associated Press reports. Jennifer Hudson and Seal are among the performers.
The European Union captured the prize this year.
Miss Parker said she is honored to “promote the power of peace around the world. Mr. Butler said the European Union has shown “the world what is possible when forces unite in peace” and called the concert a “remarkable celebration of humanity.”
Proceeds from the concert will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund to benefit those affected by Sandy in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Sandy’s assault three weeks ago created widespread damage and power outages throughout the area.
Drug charges dropped against Bon Jovi’s daughter
A central New York prosecutor said drug charges against Jon Bon Jovi’s 19-year-old daughter have been dropped.
Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara said Thursday he was dismissing the charges against both students. Under state law, someone having a drug overdose or seeking help for an overdose victim can’t be prosecuted for having a small amount of heroin or any amount of marijuana.
Mr. Bon Jovi is scheduled to perform a concert to benefit Hamilton on Dec. 5. He has not commented on his daughter.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again