- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 12-18)
Question of the Day
Pollster John Zogby grades the president’s week and how its events affect him and his agenda.
“Elections are a good thing. A message emerges when the community speaks and it seems like the nation’s leaders might be getting it. The public wants problem-solving.
“President Obama was re-elected but he had to sweat it out. Democrats picked up additional seats in both the Senate and the House, but Republicans kept control of the latter. Eighteen tea party candidates lost and now the Republican leadership may feel a bit more liberated to make a deal. At least both sides are talking and neither side wants to be responsible for the “fiscal cliff” on Jan. 1.
“Meanwhile, Israel and Hamas are on the verge of another war, where there is always potential for destabilizing the entire region. Retired Gen. David H. Petraeus has resigned as CIA director, but the Benghazi issue has not and it could potentially haunt Mr. Obama’s second term. Obama 2.0 is a bit more combative than Obama 1.0. But he won and his election opponent has offered a powerful reminder why he did, as the GOP scurries to find its mojo.”
Last week’s grade: A
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors