- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 12-18)
Pollster John Zogby grades the president’s week and how its events affect him and his agenda.
“Elections are a good thing. A message emerges when the community speaks and it seems like the nation’s leaders might be getting it. The public wants problem-solving.
“President Obama was re-elected but he had to sweat it out. Democrats picked up additional seats in both the Senate and the House, but Republicans kept control of the latter. Eighteen tea party candidates lost and now the Republican leadership may feel a bit more liberated to make a deal. At least both sides are talking and neither side wants to be responsible for the “fiscal cliff” on Jan. 1.
“Meanwhile, Israel and Hamas are on the verge of another war, where there is always potential for destabilizing the entire region. Retired Gen. David H. Petraeus has resigned as CIA director, but the Benghazi issue has not and it could potentially haunt Mr. Obama’s second term. Obama 2.0 is a bit more combative than Obama 1.0. But he won and his election opponent has offered a powerful reminder why he did, as the GOP scurries to find its mojo.”
Last week’s grade: A
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again