- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 12-18)
Pollster John Zogby grades the president’s week and how its events affect him and his agenda.
“Elections are a good thing. A message emerges when the community speaks and it seems like the nation’s leaders might be getting it. The public wants problem-solving.
“President Obama was re-elected but he had to sweat it out. Democrats picked up additional seats in both the Senate and the House, but Republicans kept control of the latter. Eighteen tea party candidates lost and now the Republican leadership may feel a bit more liberated to make a deal. At least both sides are talking and neither side wants to be responsible for the “fiscal cliff” on Jan. 1.
“Meanwhile, Israel and Hamas are on the verge of another war, where there is always potential for destabilizing the entire region. Retired Gen. David H. Petraeus has resigned as CIA director, but the Benghazi issue has not and it could potentially haunt Mr. Obama’s second term. Obama 2.0 is a bit more combative than Obama 1.0. But he won and his election opponent has offered a powerful reminder why he did, as the GOP scurries to find its mojo.”
Last week’s grade: A
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Richard Ivory, editor-in-chief of Hip Hop Republicans and HHR at Communities Digital News, turns his interests, and pen, to the people making news today.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow