- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 12-18)
Pollster John Zogby grades the president’s week and how its events affect him and his agenda.
“Elections are a good thing. A message emerges when the community speaks and it seems like the nation’s leaders might be getting it. The public wants problem-solving.
“President Obama was re-elected but he had to sweat it out. Democrats picked up additional seats in both the Senate and the House, but Republicans kept control of the latter. Eighteen tea party candidates lost and now the Republican leadership may feel a bit more liberated to make a deal. At least both sides are talking and neither side wants to be responsible for the “fiscal cliff” on Jan. 1.
“Meanwhile, Israel and Hamas are on the verge of another war, where there is always potential for destabilizing the entire region. Retired Gen. David H. Petraeus has resigned as CIA director, but the Benghazi issue has not and it could potentially haunt Mr. Obama’s second term. Obama 2.0 is a bit more combative than Obama 1.0. But he won and his election opponent has offered a powerful reminder why he did, as the GOP scurries to find its mojo.”
Last week’s grade: A
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.