- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Alex Smith declared out for Monday night
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith has been declared out for Monday night’s game against Chicago with a concussion.
Smith practiced on a limited basis during the week, but could not pass tests under the NFL’s concussion treatment protocol to allow him back on the field against Chicago.
Smith has made 28 consecutive starts and led the 49ers to a 6-2-1 record this season. He was injured during the first half against the Rams and left the game midway through the second quarter.
Last season, his first under coach Jim Harbaugh, Smith led the 49ers to a 13-3 record and within an overtime loss to the Giants of a spot in the Super Bowl.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!