- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Crash kills Suicide Silence singer Mitchell Lucker
Question of the Day
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CALIF. (AP) - Mitchell Lucker, frontman for the death-metal band rising star Suicide Silence, died Thursday of injuries in a Southern California motorcycle crash. He was 28.
Lucker lost control of his black 2013 Harley-Davidson in Huntington Beach at 8:55 p.m. on Halloween night and slammed into a Main Street light pole, police said in a news release. He died Thursday at University of California, Irvine, Medical Center.
Lucker, who lived in Huntington Beach, was ejected while the motorcycle continued south and crashed into a Nissan Titan pickup truck, police said in a news release. Two people in the pickup and nearby trick-or treaters weren’t hurt.
The accident was being investigated to determine whether alcohol was a factor, police said.
Fans gathered Thursday night for a candlelight vigil at the crash site.
Riverside-based Suicide Silence members include guitarists Chris Garza and Mark Heylmun, bass player Dan Kenny and drummer Alex Lopez.
“There’s no easy way to say this,” the band said in a Thursday posting on its Facebook page. “Mitch passed away earlier this morning from injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident. This is completely devastating to all of us and we offer our deepest condolences to his family. He will be forever in our hearts.”
Suicide Silence has released three Century Media albums: “The Cleansing,” “No Time to Bleed” and “The Black Crown.”
Century Media’s website describes Suicide Silence as the “modern death metal band for a new generation.”
Lucker said on the record company website that the band is carving out an abrasive niche of its own.
“No imitators, no second guessing. I want it to be known,” Lucker said. “It’s the same thing as when you pop in a Korn, Deftones, or Slipknot CD: you know that stamp is there.”
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world