- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Wegmans recalls packaged salad amid E. coli cases
Question of the Day
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Wegmans is recalling its organic spinach and spring mix salads for possible E. coli bacteria amid 16 cases of sickened people in western New York.
The Rochester-based grocery chain says the recall covers 5-ounce and 11-ounce packages sold from Oct. 14 to Thursday.
Health officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/Rx6eEf) there are 16 confirmed cases of E. coli in four counties that likely are associated with the product, with most of the cases in the Rochester area. Four people were hospitalized and released.
Wegmans says consumers who still have the product in their refrigerators should throw the salad out and visit a store service desk for a full refund.
Wegmans Food Markets has 81 stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland and Massachusetts.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq