- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gaza may be Iran-made diversion
Question of the Day
Could the latest round of Hamas rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip (“Invading Gaza,” Comment & Analysis, Tuesday) be a tactic to divert attention away from Iran and its efforts to finalize its development of a nuclear weapon?
Israel may not have the resources to attack Iran’s nuclear sites and defend itself from Iranian retaliation if it is giving full attention and deploying resources to a war in Gaza.
The world news media will be focusing on events in Israel and Gaza, not on Iran. Since Hamas is controlled by Iran, Hamas could very well be acting on orders from Iran. Certainly, Hamas could be emboldened by Iran’s facing down of the West.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global