- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stand with Israel, stand with democracy
Question of the Day
Until now, Mr. Obama has succeeded only in prolonging conflict in this region of the world, namely in Syria and Libya. Unfortunately, he has no ability to bring pressure on Hamas or Egypt, which has now shown its true colors in the conflict by supporting Hamas.
Certainly, Israel has lost patience and rightly so, with the continuing, indiscriminate rocket attacks from Gaza now reaching Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. No sovereign nation can stand by idly as its major population centers are endangered. Iran and Syria obviously have chosen to activate their anti-Israel terrorist organizations, Hamas and Hezbollah as well as others, to present a diversion from their own political and military problems.
The international community, with its support for the Arab world, has not acted either morally or ethically in this. It is time that Israel is given the go-ahead signal by Mr. Obama and all nations dedicated to democracy to end the threat from Gaza by eliminating its rocket supply and further access to missiles through the Sinai by force rather than by words.
It will be a test for the Obama administration of whether we stand for democracy and the right to self-defense or whether we desert our most trusted ally in the region.
Silver Spring, Md.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- White House improvises again on patchy Obamacare rollout
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- GOP Rep. Tim Murphy rolls out mental health legislation