- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stand with Israel, stand with democracy
Until now, Mr. Obama has succeeded only in prolonging conflict in this region of the world, namely in Syria and Libya. Unfortunately, he has no ability to bring pressure on Hamas or Egypt, which has now shown its true colors in the conflict by supporting Hamas.
Certainly, Israel has lost patience and rightly so, with the continuing, indiscriminate rocket attacks from Gaza now reaching Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. No sovereign nation can stand by idly as its major population centers are endangered. Iran and Syria obviously have chosen to activate their anti-Israel terrorist organizations, Hamas and Hezbollah as well as others, to present a diversion from their own political and military problems.
The international community, with its support for the Arab world, has not acted either morally or ethically in this. It is time that Israel is given the go-ahead signal by Mr. Obama and all nations dedicated to democracy to end the threat from Gaza by eliminating its rocket supply and further access to missiles through the Sinai by force rather than by words.
It will be a test for the Obama administration of whether we stand for democracy and the right to self-defense or whether we desert our most trusted ally in the region.
Silver Spring, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'