- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
World Briefs: Karzai praises Pakistan for releasing Taliban prisoners
Question of the Day
KABUL — Afghanistan’s president praised Pakistan on Tuesday for releasing a group of Taliban prisoners, a move he hopes will kick-start peace talks with the militant group, the president’s office said.
The praise was announced in a meeting between President Hamid Karzai and Pakistan’s powerful army chief of staff, Gen. Ashfaq Kayani, who was in Kabul for a one-day visit. Gen. Kayani also met with senior members of the international military coalition.
Afghan officials said last week that the Pakistanis have agreed to release others as well.
Watchdog: Sanctions have no effect on Iran nuke program
PARIS — The head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog said he has no evidence that international sanctions against Iran have had any impact on its nuclear program.
U.S.-led international sanctions over Iran’s nuclear program have hurt the Islamic republic’s economy, but Yukiya Amano, director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said Tuesday that nuclear monitors “do not see any effect” from the sanctions.
He said Iran is still producing enriched uranium at up to 20 percent at “a quite constant pace.”
Tehran insists that its nuclear program is peaceful, but many Western nations fear it masks a weapons program.
3 doctors taken off inquiry into pregnant woman’s death
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world