- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
LeBron James calling 138-point scorer ‘Sir Jack’
The NBA champion Miami Heat took plenty of notice of Taylor in their shootaround practice Wednesday morning, one day after the Grinnell guard scored a record 138 points in only 36 minutes of playing time against Faith Baptist Bible In Grinnell, Iowa. The Heat called their intern _ the day’s designated shooter during a defensive drill for the team _ “Taylor” all morning during practice, and after the session, James was among those weighing in on the significance of the feat.
“It’s unbelievable, honestly,” James said. “I would like to see the game. I want to see the game.”
“I watched Kobe’s game when he had 81,” James said. “I watched some of the greatest games ever played when guys scored big numbers. There’s two games that I would love to see: One was Wilt, when he had 100, and this kid, I want to see him too. Sir Jack.”
“A lot of us probably wished we were at, Grimmell? Is that where it is? Grinnell?” Spoelstra said.
James said he doesn’t believe he’s ever topped 56 points in any game _ he scored that many against Toronto in 2005, but didn’t remember any game as a young player or high schooler where he had more.
He said he couldn’t even manipulate a video game well enough to score 100 points, noting that “you’ve got to mess with the rules and the users and all that stuff to get to that.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.