- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
O’Malley opposes PG choice for delegate
Numerous county officials argue that Mr. Hall is a worthy replacement with strong community ties, and that he has worked to make amends for his actions.
Mr. Hall filed suit in Prince George’s Circuit Court requesting a restraining order to keep the central committee from withdrawing his appointment. The committee voted Tuesday not to act on the issue until after further proceedings in the case.
J. Wyndal Gordon, an attorney for Ms. Alston, declined to comment on the matter Wednesday.
However, he said the governor’s lack of official input is likely to shield him from any harm to his long-term reputation or his ability to work with Prince George’s Democrats.
“It’s an unpleasant moment for the governor, but he seems likely to walk away with minimal damage,” Mr. Farnsworth said. “He’s not the one with the legal troubles.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Hill joined The Washington Times in February 2011 as a Maryland political reporter. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Md. drivers could face eventual doubling of gas tax
- Federal appeals court restores Maryland's concealed carry law
- Md. bill would end student suspensions for mimicking gun behavior
- Maryland Senate passes bill decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana
- Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell assailed on transportation
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.