- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Union thuggery kills Hostess
Elections have consequences. We are just starting to realize the effects as the iconic American company Hostess closes its 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers and 570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States, declares bankruptcy and prepares to lay off 18,500 employees (“A last-minute reprieve for Twinkies?” Web, Monday). Union thugs must be thrilled they got their way and put that “greedy” American corporation out of business.
Instead of accepting an 8 percent decrease in pay and a little more contribution toward their benefits package, the union members chose instead to strike, bankrupting the company. So now they will likely get zero pay instead of 92 percent and no benefits. All over America, many other companies are scaling back their worker numbers or going out of business because of the Obamacare mandate, burdensome regulations and higher taxes on small business.
Therefore, it makes sense to me that those who voted for President Obama should be the first to be let go, since they rejected pro-growth moves and prosperity by voting for four more years of the same — economic decline, debt and bloated government. Employers can easily identify them in the company parking lot by the Obama bumper stickers on their cars.
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws