- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Union thuggery kills Hostess
Elections have consequences. We are just starting to realize the effects as the iconic American company Hostess closes its 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers and 570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States, declares bankruptcy and prepares to lay off 18,500 employees (“A last-minute reprieve for Twinkies?” Web, Monday). Union thugs must be thrilled they got their way and put that “greedy” American corporation out of business.
Instead of accepting an 8 percent decrease in pay and a little more contribution toward their benefits package, the union members chose instead to strike, bankrupting the company. So now they will likely get zero pay instead of 92 percent and no benefits. All over America, many other companies are scaling back their worker numbers or going out of business because of the Obamacare mandate, burdensome regulations and higher taxes on small business.
Therefore, it makes sense to me that those who voted for President Obama should be the first to be let go, since they rejected pro-growth moves and prosperity by voting for four more years of the same — economic decline, debt and bloated government. Employers can easily identify them in the company parking lot by the Obama bumper stickers on their cars.
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Obama ups the partisanship with a class-warfare speech
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements