- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Union thuggery kills Hostess
Question of the Day
Elections have consequences. We are just starting to realize the effects as the iconic American company Hostess closes its 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers and 570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States, declares bankruptcy and prepares to lay off 18,500 employees ("A last-minute reprieve for Twinkies?" Web, Monday). Union thugs must be thrilled they got their way and put that "greedy" American corporation out of business.
Instead of accepting an 8 percent decrease in pay and a little more contribution toward their benefits package, the union members chose instead to strike, bankrupting the company. So now they will likely get zero pay instead of 92 percent and no benefits. All over America, many other companies are scaling back their worker numbers or going out of business because of the Obamacare mandate, burdensome regulations and higher taxes on small business.
Therefore, it makes sense to me that those who voted for President Obama should be the first to be let go, since they rejected pro-growth moves and prosperity by voting for four more years of the same -- economic decline, debt and bloated government. Employers can easily identify them in the company parking lot by the Obama bumper stickers on their cars.
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?