- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Selling out Romney for personal gain
I’m fed up with all the Republican talking heads and wannabes trashing Mitt Romney and even former President George W. Bush (“Top Republicans say Romney didn’t offer specifics,” Web, Nov. 15). Why not talk behind the scenes of your opinions and suggestions rather than giving sound bites to the left? The answer: These people are out for themselves, whether for political gain or personal adoration.
Commentator Laura Ingraham’s recent comments about Mr. Romney and Mr. Bush made me wonder if she had moved to MSNBC. Commentator and writer George Will has been over the cliff at ABC for a long time, so to me his opinion is irrelevant anyway. Former GOP White House contenders Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum are jealous primary losers who would not have had a chance in the election. Governors such as Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, are both gloating and covering their political rears. The worst, however, has been Steve Schmidt, Sen. John McCain’s campaign manager, who trashed both Mr. Romney and radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh. I guess he is seeking resume enhancement.
I just wish these shortsighted, selfish and politically correct Republicans had put as much energy and effort into helping Mr. Romney get elected as they have into covering their rears and preparing for their next book or career.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans