- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Toyota Yaris offered in two liftback models For 2013
Question of the Day
The fun, efficient Toyota Yaris, which was all-new for the 2012 model year, continues into 2013 in three-door or five-door liftback models. Sporty styling, outstanding safety features and high fuel economy ratings make the 2012 Yaris a compelling choice in its segment. New for 2013, all model grades come with the Tech Audio Package as standard.
“There is a lot of excitement in the subcompact category today, but the 2013 Toyota Yaris is at the top of the list when it comes to combining value and fuel efficiency with style and fun,” said Toyota Division Group Vice President and General Manager Bill Fay. “Today’s young, price-conscious shoppers want the complete package that the new Yaris offers: room for their friends and gear, along with a strong list of standard convenience and safety features.”
From its smart interior design and quiet, refined passenger cabin to its responsive driving dynamics, the 2013 Yaris delivers an optimal combination of the traits shoppers’ demand in a smaller, fuel-efficient car today. The 2013 Yaris features remarkable attention to detail in the design and engineering.
The Tech Audio Package equips the Yaris with the most in-demand music features, including an AM/FM/CD head unit, six speakers, a USB port with iPod connectivity, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio compatibility, Bluetooth wireless technology provides hands-free phone capability, music streaming and phonebook access, and automatic sound leveling adjusts for outside noise. The system plays MP3/WMA CDs, and provides MP3 sound enhancement. An auxiliary input jack enables connecting other types of digital music players.
Liftbacks for Today’s Lifestyles
Today, liftback body styles dominate the subcompact vehicle segment, preferred by 70 percent of new retail car buyers in this category. The Yaris Liftback features a sporty look. The 98.8-inch wheelbase yields a smooth ride and roomy interior, while an overall length of 153.5 inches helps make the Yaris highly maneuverable in tight situations. Compared to the previous-generation Yaris, the current model offers up to 68 percent more cargo room along with additional headroom and passenger volume, all within a highly aerodynamic body yielding a 0.30 coefficient of drag.
The 2013 Yaris is equally at home navigating through city traffic, heading to the mall or hitting the highway for a road trip. With a tight turning circle and quick, responsive steering, the new Yaris proves nimble on crowded streets and parks easily in tight spaces.
The 2013 Yaris is offered in three grades, with the entry-level L and value-packaged LE editions available either as a three-door liftback or five-door liftback. The sport-tuned SE is available only as a five-door. A high standard equipment level across all grades and simplified options make it easier for customers to find the car they want at an affordable price.
Emphasis on Driving and Performance
The 2013 Yaris was designed for fun and functionality. All models are powered by a 1.5-liter, 16-valve, four-cylinder DOHC engine equipped with variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i), producing 106 hp at 6,000 rpm and 103 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,200 rpm. The broad torque curve provides plenty of response for both manual transmission and automatic transmission vehicles.
All Yaris L, LE and SE models are available with a four-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission, featuring a compact, lightweight design and reduced friction for greater fuel efficiency. A smooth-shifting five-speed manual transmission is available on L and SE models only.
Both the front MacPherson-strut and rear torsion-beam suspension is tuned to deliver a smooth ride and engaging driving feel. Electric power steering provides good road feel at highway speeds while aiding low-speed parking maneuvers. The Yaris L and LE versions come with 15-inch wheels as standard, while the SE moves up to 16-inch alloy wheels.
Nine Standard Airbags Lead Impressive List of Safety Features
The 2013 Yaris offers an impressive array of safety features. Standard driver and front-passenger dual-stage airbags (SRS) are complemented by front-seat mounted side airbags and a knee airbag for the driver. Roll-sensing side airbags are fitted to both front- and rear-row seats for a total of nine airbags. An impact-absorbing body structure utilizes high-tensile strength steel to effectively distribute collision forces.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq