- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Toyota Yaris offered in two liftback models For 2013
Question of the Day
In common with all Toyota vehicles, the Yaris features Toyota’s Star Safety System, which includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. The new Yaris also features Smart Stop Technology, Toyota’s brake-override system, as standard.
This recent -generation Yaris’ are equipped with Toyota’s Advanced Whiplash Injury-Lessening (WIL) front-seat structure helps to ensure that the region from the head to the lower back are equally supported, helping to reduce whiplash-type injuries during certain types of rear end collisions.
Comprehensive List of Standard Features
In addition to its many safety features, all Yaris models are well equipped with popular comfort, convenience and technology features.
Starting with the Yaris L, all models include standard electric power steering, power-assisted ventilated front disc brakes, power door locks and a Cold Weather Package. Other standard features include air conditioning, six cup and bottle holders, and storage cover for the cargo area. Halogen headlamps and intermittent front windshield wiper are also standard.
The single-windshield wiper with wet-arm system reduces weight and provides better performance than the traditional two-arm type. The system sprays washer fluid from the base of the wiper arm directly in the path of the blade for improved cleaning and wiping action.
All 2013 Yaris is now standard equipped with Tech Audio on all grades (formerly only standard on LE and SE grades). Tech Audio includes AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability and MP3 sound enhancement, six speakers, SiriusXM Satellite Radio compatible (additional hardware and subscription required), HD Radio, auxiliary audio jack, USB port with iPod connectivity, auto sound leveling, hands-free phone capability, phone book access, and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology and iPod interface.
The Yaris LE includes standard power windows with driver’s auto-down, power mirrors, cruise control, steering wheel audio controls, and a remote keyless entry system with engine immobilizer.
The bold and assertive presence of the Yaris design is visible from all angles, starting with the distinctive protruding front profile with wide headlamps and integrated turn signals.
The profile displays a steeply sloped beltline, and flowing curves that appear to stretch the image of the vehicle. The shoulder lines continue around to the rear, creating a sharp, solid look.
Unusual for a car in this segment, eight exterior colors are available for the 2013 Yaris, including Super White, Classic Silver Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Black Sand Pearl, Absolutely Red, Lagoon Blue Mica, Wave Line Pearl and Blazing Blue Pearl.
The Yaris interior provides a level of detail not often seen on cars in this price class. The doors close with a smooth, solid feel. Additional sound-absorbing and insulating materials make for a quieter ride. Upgraded fabrics and a soft-touch dash highlight a more premium, sporty interior. The front seats are now wider, and sculpted to help reduce fatigue on long trips.
The driver experience is enhanced with a three-spoke tilt steering wheel, featuring a thick grip and a flat-bottom shape to reduce knee interference. The instrument cluster located in front of the driver and includes a multi-instrument display with odometer, twin trip meters, clock, outside temperature reading, fuel economy display, average speed and Eco-Driving indicator.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq