- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
China bans hospitals from refusing AIDS patients
BEIJING (AP) - China’s Health Ministry has banned hospitals from turning away patients infected with HIV-AIDS.
A circular issued by the ministry on Friday ordered health authorities at all level of government to guarantee treatment for HIV-AIDS sufferers.
The order covers both sufferers already known to have the condition and those whose infection is discovered while undergoing treatment. It requires authorities to ensure protective measures for health care professionals.
It comes two days after Vice Premier Li Keqiang intervened to demand a hospital in the northeastern city of Tianjin provide treatment for a 25-year-old lung cancer patient after the man was turned away for being HIV-positive.
A decade ago, Li helped cover up China’s initial AIDS outbreak in the central province of Henan caused by illegal blood buying syndicates.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014