- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
China bans hospitals from refusing AIDS patients
BEIJING (AP) - China’s Health Ministry has banned hospitals from turning away patients infected with HIV-AIDS.
A circular issued by the ministry on Friday ordered health authorities at all level of government to guarantee treatment for HIV-AIDS sufferers.
The order covers both sufferers already known to have the condition and those whose infection is discovered while undergoing treatment. It requires authorities to ensure protective measures for health care professionals.
It comes two days after Vice Premier Li Keqiang intervened to demand a hospital in the northeastern city of Tianjin provide treatment for a 25-year-old lung cancer patient after the man was turned away for being HIV-positive.
A decade ago, Li helped cover up China’s initial AIDS outbreak in the central province of Henan caused by illegal blood buying syndicates.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.