- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Leading from behind’ means going AWOL
The Obama administration’s foreign policy of replacing friendly dictators in the Middle East with terrorists and placing those terrorists in positions of power has ushered al Qaeda, al Sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood into control, backed by Iran, Turkey, Russia and communist China.
Russian President Vladimir Putin is pulling the strings behind Iran and Syria in an effort to oust America from the Middle East. In their Russia- and China-supported positions of power, the Islamist terrorists have been conducting many attacks against Israelis, NATO forces and Americans, which may be a harbinger of much more to come.
The Obama administration’s explanation of the Benghazi attack was designed to validate President Obama’s worldview by claiming al Qaeda has been destroyed. It plays politics and misleads Americans into believing there is no escalation in war and there has been no unraveling of American power. Mr. Obama’s visit to Burma while war is imminent in the Middle East is not a sign of active leadership.
At the same time, Mr. Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid continue to raise the national debt beyond $16 trillion, crippling our military, slashing military maintenance, and research and development. Their policy of redistribution of wealth and class warfare continues to destroy businesses and our economy. The national debt, described repeatedly by many as the greatest threat to our country, must be reduced by bringing back our private sector and industrial might. We need to restore capitalism in order to reduce unemployment.
Instead of doing any of this, Mr. Obama continues to “lead from behind.” He is absent without leave while Iran is obtaining nuclear weapons and the Middle East is going to hell in a handbasket.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines, retired
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- ZUMWALT: Separating violent Islam from its peaceful twin
- FEULNER: Civic involvement, not big government, empowers Americans
- GANS: Obamacare's latest casualty: rehabilitative hospitals
- RAHN: The responsibility to resist fiscally irresponsible politicians
- BLACKWELL: Obama fumbles key to saving minority youth