- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Leading from behind’ means going AWOL
Question of the Day
The Obama administration’s foreign policy of replacing friendly dictators in the Middle East with terrorists and placing those terrorists in positions of power has ushered al Qaeda, al Sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood into control, backed by Iran, Turkey, Russia and communist China.
Russian President Vladimir Putin is pulling the strings behind Iran and Syria in an effort to oust America from the Middle East. In their Russia- and China-supported positions of power, the Islamist terrorists have been conducting many attacks against Israelis, NATO forces and Americans, which may be a harbinger of much more to come.
The Obama administration’s explanation of the Benghazi attack was designed to validate President Obama’s worldview by claiming al Qaeda has been destroyed. It plays politics and misleads Americans into believing there is no escalation in war and there has been no unraveling of American power. Mr. Obama’s visit to Burma while war is imminent in the Middle East is not a sign of active leadership.
At the same time, Mr. Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid continue to raise the national debt beyond $16 trillion, crippling our military, slashing military maintenance, and research and development. Their policy of redistribution of wealth and class warfare continues to destroy businesses and our economy. The national debt, described repeatedly by many as the greatest threat to our country, must be reduced by bringing back our private sector and industrial might. We need to restore capitalism in order to reduce unemployment.
Instead of doing any of this, Mr. Obama continues to “lead from behind.” He is absent without leave while Iran is obtaining nuclear weapons and the Middle East is going to hell in a handbasket.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines, retired
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Perhaps we're not as free as we think
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news