- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Leading from behind’ means going AWOL
The Obama administration’s foreign policy of replacing friendly dictators in the Middle East with terrorists and placing those terrorists in positions of power has ushered al Qaeda, al Sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood into control, backed by Iran, Turkey, Russia and communist China.
Russian President Vladimir Putin is pulling the strings behind Iran and Syria in an effort to oust America from the Middle East. In their Russia- and China-supported positions of power, the Islamist terrorists have been conducting many attacks against Israelis, NATO forces and Americans, which may be a harbinger of much more to come.
The Obama administration’s explanation of the Benghazi attack was designed to validate President Obama’s worldview by claiming al Qaeda has been destroyed. It plays politics and misleads Americans into believing there is no escalation in war and there has been no unraveling of American power. Mr. Obama’s visit to Burma while war is imminent in the Middle East is not a sign of active leadership.
At the same time, Mr. Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid continue to raise the national debt beyond $16 trillion, crippling our military, slashing military maintenance, and research and development. Their policy of redistribution of wealth and class warfare continues to destroy businesses and our economy. The national debt, described repeatedly by many as the greatest threat to our country, must be reduced by bringing back our private sector and industrial might. We need to restore capitalism in order to reduce unemployment.
Instead of doing any of this, Mr. Obama continues to “lead from behind.” He is absent without leave while Iran is obtaining nuclear weapons and the Middle East is going to hell in a handbasket.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines, retired
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers