- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Leading from behind’ means going AWOL
Question of the Day
The Obama administration’s foreign policy of replacing friendly dictators in the Middle East with terrorists and placing those terrorists in positions of power has ushered al Qaeda, al Sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood into control, backed by Iran, Turkey, Russia and communist China.
Russian President Vladimir Putin is pulling the strings behind Iran and Syria in an effort to oust America from the Middle East. In their Russia- and China-supported positions of power, the Islamist terrorists have been conducting many attacks against Israelis, NATO forces and Americans, which may be a harbinger of much more to come.
The Obama administration’s explanation of the Benghazi attack was designed to validate President Obama’s worldview by claiming al Qaeda has been destroyed. It plays politics and misleads Americans into believing there is no escalation in war and there has been no unraveling of American power. Mr. Obama’s visit to Burma while war is imminent in the Middle East is not a sign of active leadership.
At the same time, Mr. Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid continue to raise the national debt beyond $16 trillion, crippling our military, slashing military maintenance, and research and development. Their policy of redistribution of wealth and class warfare continues to destroy businesses and our economy. The national debt, described repeatedly by many as the greatest threat to our country, must be reduced by bringing back our private sector and industrial might. We need to restore capitalism in order to reduce unemployment.
Instead of doing any of this, Mr. Obama continues to “lead from behind.” He is absent without leave while Iran is obtaining nuclear weapons and the Middle East is going to hell in a handbasket.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines, retired
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port