- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Kevin McHale’s daughter dies at 22
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) - The daughter of Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale has died at 22.
The death of Alexandra “Sasha” McHale was announced by the team Sunday. No other details were released.
Kevin McHale has been on leave since Nov. 10 to deal with what the team called a personal family matter.
Team owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement that he extends his “deepest condolences” over the loss of the McHales’ “beautiful daughter.” He called Kevin and wife Lynn “loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time.” He said the “entire organization is mourning.”
Kelvin Sampson has been the interim coach. There is no timetable for Kevin McHale’s return.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq